Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Six : Let it show (Belt of Truth)


Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist… (Ephesians 6:14a)

The cingulim, or soldiers belt, was worn for functionality, but also as a badge of office.

A soldier wore his belt proudly to show who’s army he belonged to, and higher ranking officers would wear different colour belts, some with a sash or special designs.

And nobody doubted for a moment what it meant.

The belt told a story.

Does our belt tell a story?

Do people see that we are wearing the belt of Truth, or do we let lies and half-truths slip in as well?  Do we show the world who we belong to, or compromise our witness?

 

Am I speaking about someone in a way that I would not if they were in the room?  Would I want my friends, mother, or children to hear what I am saying?

If not, then I am probably not showing the Truth.  Truth is more than an absence of lies, it is saying what is right at all times, and never saying what is wrong.  It is being the same person in front of all people, and hiding nothing.

It is about proclaiming Truth by my actions, and wearing it proudly on my belt.

What Truth are we showing to the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment