Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Biblios Hokku


Biblios Hokku
By faith, for service
our worth only in His eyes
we are saved for Him.

A few years ago, I decided to write out the entire Bible in Haiku.  By which I mean that I wrote a Haiku for each book of the Bible, starting from Genesis and ending with Revelation.

It might sounds like a strange idea, and maybe a little pointless and contrived. And maybe it was. But it got me thinking carefully about each book, and how it fitted into the Bible and the Word as a whole, and trying to capture its unique essence in three lines meant I had to try and decide what really came out of that book...

Which was quite interesting.

So for the next 40 days of Lent, I will be doing something slightly different.  Each day I will meditate on one book of the Bible.  I wish I could say that I will read a book each day, but I do have to work (and sleep) sometime.

So I will be spending my Lent Discipline focusing on a new book each day, and sharing my Haiku, and my insight.

I will be focusing on the 39 books of the Old Testament, because I think sometimes we forget how important the Old Testament is, not just to our understanding of the New Testament, but to our understanding of God, and Jesus, and our faith.

Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment