Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Job


If ever there was a book of the Bible that was hard to read, it would be Job.  Job is depicted as being a perfect and faithful follower of God, and yet he suffers great hardships.  So much so, in fact, that we refer to the "patience of Job", or "suffering of Job" in modern idiom.

There is a lot of theology tied up in this book, but the verse I always take away with me is Job 1:21

"“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
    and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;    may the name of the Lord be praised.”
Our praise of the Lord needs to be constant, and not dependant on our circumstances.  I know I have a long way to go before I can take this one 100% to heart.  Even though my head understands, I still struggle with it on occasion.

JOBHold on to your faith.
Our God gives and takes away,
but always stays true.
 
Do we always have faith, and hope?  Even in suffering?

No comments:

Post a Comment