Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 12 : Loyalty


But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." (Ruth 1:16-17)

 

I love the book of Ruth.  I think it is like the entire story of the Bible cut down to four chapters.  And running through it all is the spirit of…

LOYALTY

 

Ruth was loyal to the relationship she had built with Naomi, despite the fact that it was not easy for her.  She didn’t just follow her when she could do something for her, but when Naomi lost everything, and went back to her own people, Ruth risked danger and suffering to follow her.

Are we loyal to people, and GOD, because of what they can do for us, or because it is the right thing to do?

Loyalty I think means we need to be honest with them, and ourselves, and that we need to think of them all the time.

How can I work on being loyal today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment