Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 14: Compassion


During those days another large crowd gathered. Since they had nothing to eat, Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. If I send them home hungry, they will collapse on the way, because some of them have come a long distance." (Luke 8:1-3)

I think we all know how this story ends: Jesus takes loaves and fishes, and feeds the multitude.

But it all started with a spirit of…

COMPASSION

With some love in action, Jesus showed where his heart was.  Yesterday we asked GOD to give us hearts for others, and to break them when his heart is breaking.  Now today we need to pray for compassion.  Compassion goes beyond feeling for others, to actually doing for them.

It’s not just love, it’s love with skin on it.

What can I do for others today?  Where can I show compassion?

 

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
(1 Corinthians 13:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment