Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 30 - Unity


I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
(1 Corinthians 1:10)

Oooh.  Tough one!

that all of you agree with one another.’  Yeah, well that would be a lot easier if you all agreed with me you know, because I am always right. 

So how are we supposed to achieve this the?

I think the key is in “that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.”  To me, this means that we need to actively seek to have the mind of Christ, so that we can be sure we are all in one accord.

And to do this, we need to be immersing ourselves in the word, and praying for the Holy Spirit to open our hearts and minds to what it has to say to us.  That way, we can all be of one mind – the mind of Christ, and ensure there are no divisions.

Simple.  But not easy.

So I am off to start right now.  Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment