Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 13 : Sensitivity


Luke 10:30-37 tells us the story of the Good Samaritan.  It ends with the verse “Which of these three do you think was a neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of robbers? The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."  Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

SENSITIVITY

What we sometimes struggle with each day, and by we I mean me of course, is that there is so much to do in the world.  Do we feed starving children, or starving adults?  Is it better to volunteer at the hospital or the soup kitchen?  If I send my money to mission, am I neglecting those closer to home?

The world is full of needs, and there are just too many to meet.

I think though, that GOD gives us a spirit of openness of heart, a sort of sensitivity to what he wants to place on our hearts.  We need to look for it each day.  To ask him to give us a part of his heart, a heart for certain people, or places.  Then when we feel our hearts breaking for that person or peoples, we know we need to do something about it.

So today, I am going to try and follow my heart, and see where, or to whom, it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment